As a follow-up on Qt Invaded By Aliens — The End of All Flicker I'm pleased to inform that the alien branch was integrated into Qt main on Tuesday (2007/08/28).
To get use of aliens (a.k.a. windowless child widgets) simply go here and download the latest Qt 4.4 snapshot.
If you for some reason want to get back to the old behavior with native windows, here's how you can do it:
1) Use 'QT_USE_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1' in your environment (PS! with today's snapshot and earlier one must use 'QT_NATIVE=1' instead).
2) Set the Qt::AA_NativeWindows attribute on the application: All widgets are native.
3) Set the Qt::WA_NativeWindow attribute on widgets: The widget itself and all ancestors are native (unless Qt::WA_DontCreateNativeAncestors is set).
4) Calling QWidget::winId enforces a native window and implies 3).
5) Setting the Qt::WA_PaintOnScreen attribute enforces a native window and implies 3).
Download the latest release here: www.qt.io/download.
Qt 6 was created to be the productivity platform for the future, with next-gen 2D & 3D UX and limitless scalability.
Check out all our open positions here and follow us on Instagram to see what it's like to be #QtPeople.
Näytä tämä julkaisu Instagramissa.
Want to build something for tomorrow, join #QtPeople today! We have loads of cool jobs you don’t want to miss! http://qt.io/careers #builtwithQt #software #developers #coding #framework #tool #tooling #C++ #QML #engineers #sales #tech #technology #UI #UX #CX #Qt #Qtdev #global #openpositions #careers #job
Henkilön Qt (@theqtcompany) jakama julkaisu