The automotive industry continues to accelerate towards being C.A.S.E (Connected, Autonomous, Shared, Electric.) These four key trends put software on the frontline. Having a robust and highly reusable HMI development platform are the key ingredients to create software defined vehicles at scale.
At CES 2020, we will showcase the latest advancement with our HMI development platform, key features and innovations with Qt:
From ensuring functional safety to creating consistent UI/UX across all screens, and managing vehicle variants to enabling connected services, Qt offers the ease of use tool chains and framework for developing integrated digital cockpit HMIs. We will demonstrate the latest installment of relevant use cases and references including Qt for Android Automotive OS.
This year we are bringing more partners’ HMI references and creations including some of top brands in the world. We are also bringing demonstrators from industrial automation to consumer electronics. Be prepared to witness the cutting edge of demonstrators built with Qt.
Rich graphics on ultra-low-power MCUs, built with Qt for MCUs. Ultimate Performance. Tiny Footprint.
◦ Rich graphics rendered by the new Qt Quick Ultralite engine
◦ Full touch control.
◦ Animations, Swipe actions, Lists, etc.
◦ Rich user experiences on resource-constrained hardware
◦ Industry-leading tools and an efficient designer-developer workflow
Smartphone-like experiences with Qt for MCUs
Silky-smooth, constant 60 fps rendering performance
with a Renesas R-Car D3 entry-level SoC using Qt Quick and
Qt Quick 3D.
• The cluster UI has two different gauge modes and a real-time
3D ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) view in the
• The design concept contains both real-time 3D elements as well as elements that can be rendered with 2D using OpenGL shaders and visual design bringing a seamless 3D experience
• Utilize the same technologies from low to high-end solutions –
maximize the re-use
• Optimizing the SW and Graphical assets ensures high performance even with entry-level SoCs
Renesas R-Car D3 entry-level SoC using Qt and real time 3D ADAS
Smooth animations on cheaper hardware
Built with Qt for MCUs. Ultimate Performance. Tiny Footprint.
• Rich graphics rendered by the new Qt Quick Ultralite engine
• Full touch control, animations, swipe actions, etc.
• Supports multiple languages
• Various pre-built UI controls such as dials, switches, knobs, etc.
• Rich user experience on resource-constrained hardware
• Integrated Design-Develop workflow Creator IDE
Rich User Experience for Smart Home Thermostat on NXP RT 1050 and STM32F769I-Disco
• Market-proven OS with 70+ million install base
• Strong Ecosystem from silicon vendor to cloud platform
• Fully Customizable
• Effortless Adoption
• Differentiated user experience
• Sustainable Platform Management
LG webOS Auto
To meet Functional Safety requirements (ISO26262 / ASIL-B), the safety critical telltales (e.g. airbag, tier pressures) are rendered by a seperate safety certified process, we call it Safe Rendering. This is important because even if there is an error in the main system, the telltales continue to be displayed while the rest of system is being rebooted. Qt Safe Renderer tooling that's built into the Qt Quick Designer makes it easy to add safety critical UI elements to Qt based safety critical systems. Test the whole system together on the desktop, separate out to separate processes for the embedded target.
Benefits for Qt Safe Rendering
Functional safety with Qt Safe Rendering
• Easy migration from Max/Maya to your embedded project
• Fully customizable to satisfy the system requirements of the embedded project
• Control 3D UIs by writing in Qt/QML
• Taking full advantage of Qt 3D Studio and its 3D runtime to create a digital cluster on Nvidia Jetson board
• Create professional 3D HMI UIs with 3D Max or Maya to an embedded
environment through Qt 3D Studio
• Reduced polygons, adding textures and effects to lower cost and power consumption
can be easily achieved with Qt 3D Studio
• Full control of the 3D UI and objects from QML
Create professional 3D HMI UIs with 3D Max or Maya to an embedded environment.
The Qt Automotive Suite found its voice! Presented in the car head-unit with Qt powered GUI, the assistant is powered by the user’s smartphone
Powerful voice assistance add-on for the Qt Automotive Suite
Combines mixed criticality functions within a single SoC
Safe Multi-Display Cockpit Controller
Autodesk VRED is a 3D visualization and virtual prototyping software for automotive designers. The latest VRED version enables you to stream Qt applications to VRED scenes through WebGL streams. This enables seeing your Automotive UI designs in realtime in a VR environment. You can also stream the UI directly from Qt Design Studio Live Preview.
Qt Design Studio and Autodesk VRED and Qt Streaming
◦ Rich graphics rendered by the new Qt Quick Ultralite engine
◦ Ultimate Performance. Tiny Footprint.
◦ Cluster UI controlled via CAN protocol
◦ App mimicking Steering wheel control running on Raspberry Pi (with CAN controller) sends CAN signals to RH850
◦ Deliver a rich user experience on resource constrained hardware
◦ Benefit from industry leading tools and benefit from integrated Design-Develop workflow
Full Digital Cluster on Microcontrollers Renesas RH850
Out-of-the-box ECU reference solution using Qt for Open GL ES hardware acceleration, ASIL B ready functional safety, fastboot. Safety-critical applications
Qt HMI ecockpit reference solution by Renesas & Greenhill software
Qt Quick based application reading 8 different sensors, visualizing the data and storing the data to the cloud. Application can be also used to visualize the data stored into the cloud service from remote devices.
IoT and Qt with 8 sensors, data visualization and real time animations
The Qt Company showcased a complete portfolio of consumer electronics for a more C.A.S.E (Connected, Autonomous, Shared, and Electric) world this year in Las Vegas. Please contact us to keep the conversation going and discover how our solutions can transform your business.
CES is the world's gathering place for all those who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years.