Meet Qt for Python: Prototyping, Hybrid Applications, and SilhouetteFX
Join our live Meet Qt for Python webinar with Qt R&D Manager Cristián and Academy Award Winning software engineer Paul with SilhouetteFX to hear about different use cases, best practices, how to get started, and an extended session on the advanced topics such as creating hybrid Python/C++ applications with Shiboken!
11 am US-CT Embracing Python
12 pm US-CT Customer Case: SilhouetteFX
12:20 pm US-CT Interactive with live Q&As
We will review all the possible Qt and Python interactions starting from simple test applications with PySide, Qt and Python ecosystem interaction, until the more advance cases of creating hybrid Python/C++ applications with the help of Shiboken.
2019 Academy Award and Engineering Emmy winner, Paul Miller, principal engineer with SilhouetteFX, will show their design and development of their innovative portfolio of rotoscoping tools for the visual effects industry using Qt for Python to make the C++ application scriptable.
Partial list of notable films:
- Avatar (2009): Framestore
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015): Framestore
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018): Weta
- Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016): MPC Film, Weta
- Beauty and the Beast (2017): Framestore
See wikepedia for reference
- Cristián Maureira-Fredes, Qt R&D Manager, The Qt Company
- Paul Miller, Partner & Lead Software Engineer, SilhouetteFX
- Nicki Schumacher, Senior Director, The Qt Company
|Starts||11:00 Jul 16, 2020 UTC -6|
|Ends||12:30 Jul 16, 2020 UTC -6|
|Topics||Qt, Qt for Python, Pyside2, C++, User Interfaces, GUI|
|Organizer||The Qt Company|