About the Role
We are on the mission to harness the power of software 2.0, creating a new digital solution that would change the way product teams collaborate and build software. The goal is to give back humans the natural ability to imagine and create while letting the software writes itself, ultimately increase the productivity by 100x.
We are looking to build a founding team who will bootstrap the development from the ground up with DevOps mentality backed by hands-on experience. You will be relentlessly pursuing the product market fit and driving rapid prototype iterations. Being in a small team, you need to be a well-rounded generalist on 3D rendering engine, enabling high quality real-time visualization of 3D including lighting, shading, post-processing effects, rendering engine design etc. You have a view on many things and can also work on problems at all levels. The tasks will be chaotic and daunting but you feel natural to this.
If “failing until you succeed” is what motivates you and have what it takes to build software products, we’d like to meet you.
- Build and manage MVPs
- Design and conduct customer survey
- Work with team to analyses the feedback to pivot or perseverant
- Create the vision of product that you yourself will not live without
- Plan and lead 3D technology development with other developers
- Rapid prototype using 3D technology in collaboration with designers and other developers
- Perform memory and performance optimizations of the 3D technology to meet the requirements for target platforms
- Provide support to other team members as required to correctly and efficiently utilize the 3D technology
- Debug and fix issues in the 3D technology as they arise
- Document the work to enable artists and programmer to understand how 3D systems work and how they are designed to be used.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in 3D programming, in the video game industry
- Experience working with AAA video game rendering engines;
- Solid proficiency in C/C++ language and HLSL/GLSL;
- Understanding of modern GPU rendering pipeline and how to utilize it efficiently
- Solid understanding of 3D linear algebra
- Comprehensive understanding of rendering techniques used in modern AAA game production
- Understanding and experience in real-time Physically Based Rendering (lighting, BRDF’s, camera model, etc.)
- Experience in XB1/PS4 specific shader optimizations
- Experience in using Mathematica to solve and optimize rendering algorithms
- Understanding and experience of Monte-Carlo path tracing techniques
- Drive and knowledge how to push the real-time rendering quality in games
- Ability to technically analyze images and propose quality improvements that fall in line with PBR
- Ability to clearly explain complex technical problems to less technical audience
- Ability to propose technical solution considering the entire production pipeline
- Analytical mind and great story teller
- Generally has a view on many things and willing to listen opposite viewpoint
What we offer
- A chance to create your legacy
- A chance to build a product for the hundreds of millions of users
- A chance to work with like minded people behind a well-known brand
- Good company benefits with health & dental care, supporting work life balance and flexibility in your work
We are a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun. We value transparency, innovation and collaboration. We think boldly and strive for continuous improvement. Our effectiveness is based on sharing, caring and transparency in our way of working. And collaboration is at the center in everything we do.
The Qt Group operates in China, Finland, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Russia, the USA, France, UK and India. To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany.