About the Role
The Qt team and Qt technology is helping industries to build next generation solutions for cars, futuristic dashboards for ships, analyze satellite images, visualize meteors, create design with 3D, save lives through medical devices and sense movements with IoT devices. And this is just a start. These are only a fraction of areas where the Qt technology is used. Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. The company’s net sales in year 2019 totaled 58.4 MEUR and it employs some 350 people. To learn more, visit http://qt.io.
In Qt, we work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our products and solutions, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at Qt means challenging yourself to always be better.
The sales activity for our main product Qt and associated Consulting Services is growing fast in our major territories and The Qt Company has a solid customer base, containing a large number of internationally well branded companies. Our customers use our tools for highly valued developments of applications in different areas such as EDA, Medical, Consulting, Telecommunications, Automotive, among others. The APAC market is among the most important regions for Qt and provides an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced sales professional to take responsibility for developing the Qt business in markets with strong potential.
In this role, you will work closely with all functions like Account Managers, Service Delivery, Product Management, Customer Success and Marketing to execute strategic plans to achieve or exceed business targets with the assigned clients.
- Research, identify, contact and generate potential client leads and cooperate business partners to create new Qt business opportunities to achieve sales target.
- Identify market trends and customer needs. Find and develop new market for Qt product. Increase the value of current customers while attracting new customers.
- Constantly acquire the latest Qt product offering information & knowledge. Process, package and deliver with demos and examples to provide Qt value to potential customer fitted into their project requirements and Qt usage situation in a variety of industry verticals.
- Attend, hold and create webinars, conference, customized workshops, exhibition, industry events and all kinds of marketing events to create potential customer leads by providing the value of Qt offering with examples and demos.
- Interface with Product Management, R&D & Marketing team to deliver customer voice internally and to develop effective means to deliver Qt product values to customer.
- Native Japanese, fluent English required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred.
- Qt and other development framework knowledge preferred.
- +5 years of account management or business development experience in vertical market solution sales including but not limited to consumer electronics, medical, automation, automotive and ISV.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Innovation and problem-solving skills that include the ability to develop and propose solutions for clients to deliver Qt value in a creative approach.
- Skilled at solution selling and project selling in software license business.
- Cooperative team player with aggressive, dynamic, and result oriented personality.
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Previous sales experience will be preferred.
The role is based in Tokyo, Japan.
We offer a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun.