About the Role
The Qt Company’s engineers work on the Qt framework, enabling our customers to create applications that run smoothly on many different platforms, from embedded boards to desktop and mobile. In your daily work environment, you will be surrounded by a team of worldwide experts, and you will have the opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge about all aspects of software development.In this role, you will be focusing on making Qt work great on embedded environment. You need to be familiar with the challenges and constraints that embedded environment brings and be able to find solutions to those challenges.The future is written with Qt, and we would like you to be part of it!Responsibilities include:
- Directly responsible for teaming with the sales team through all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Provide strategic and senior level product presentations, demonstrations and trade show support.
- Follow up on prospects and accounts for functional/technical issues related to sales cycle and guarantee a successful customer experience.
- Manage product evaluations and prepare RFP/RFI responses.
- Coordinate the technical training of the sales force.
- Identify the need for additional sales, training and consulting.
- Coordinate the technical training of the sales team in China.
- Provide support and project coordination on professional services including but not limited to consultancy projects, customer training, and technical support.
- Work directly with our customers, help customers to achieve more with Qt.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of the development processes.
- Excellent C++ programming skills and preferably other object oriented languages.
- Qt knowledge is a clear advantage.
- Excellent presentation, demonstration and facilitation skills in leading meetings, trials and projects.
- Experience with creation, customization and delivery presentations.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English.
- Have experience with resource-constrained devices in the embedded or mobile space.
- Know your way around in Linux on desktop and embedded.
- Understand the challenges of embedded software development.
- Can work closely with other parts of the organization, with the Qt community and customers.
- Are comfortable working with publicly available code and material
- Experience with 2D/3D graphics on embedded devices is a plus
- Experience with different windowing systems is a plus
- Experience with inter processor communication is a plus
- Experience with hypervisors is a plus
- Participation in Open Source projects is a plus
- Deep understanding of Linux internals, kernel configuration, device drivers
- Understanding of device boot process, bootloaders, kernel loading, application startup processes
- Very good business understanding
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/ technology or equivalent related experience.
We offer a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun. Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. The company’s net sales in year 2017 totalled 36,3 MEUR and it employs some 300 people.