About the Role
Qt Company’s engineers work on the Qt framework and tools, which enables our customers to create applications that run smoothly on many different platforms. Qt's cross-platform tools make development teams more productive and lets them focus on what makes products stand out from the rest from performance to modern and consistent look and feel across all devices.
In this role, you will own The Qt Company’s designer products (Qt Design Studio) and go-to-market activities. You will lead design across key projects, ensuring each project is of the highest design quality. You will set the vision and direction for the designs as well as make strategic design decisions related to designer tooling, and communicate them with other team members and stakeholders.
- Guide and provide input to and review design projects in TQC
- Work hands-on in selected projects and create visually beautiful and usable designs
- Work creatively with customers address their needs, identify opportunities, challenges and requirements
- Evangelize Qt designer vision, solutions and benefits internally and externally
- Work in close collaboration with Product Management, R&D, Professional Services and Sales to lead design work
- Lead design across key projects, ensuring each project is of the highest design quality
- Provide directional oversight and give effective feedback of individual project team’s work. Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions
- Work hands-on with designers and developers to implement UX/UI solutions on selected projects
- Test and benchmark competitor products to draw learnings and insights from them
- Follow current designs trends and how the key markets and industries are developing to steer design work
Expertise & skills
- 10+ years of UI/UX design experience in automotive, game or other relevant SW industry especially on mobile or embedded
- Proven designs skills with great portfolio demonstrating design lead work
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to work with customers to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet their needs and vision
- Competence in content creation, prototyping, 3D, and UI/HMI builders
- Understanding of modern UI technology, design, and industry trends
We offer you a front-row seat in applying software technologies to industry needs with our global client base. We’re a fast-moving organization looking for professionals who love to work in an international company, where you get to contribute to the cutting edge technology and product together with world class experts and worldwide community.
We are a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun. We value transparency, innovation and collaboration. We think boldly and strive for continuous improvement. Our effectiveness is based on sharing, caring and transparency in our way of working. And collaboration is at the center in everything we do.
The Qt Group operates in China, Finland, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Russia, the USA, France, UK, Italy and India. To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany.