About the Role
The Qt Company (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. Qt achieves this through its cross-platform software framework for the development of apps and devices, under both commercial and open-source licenses. The Qt Group operates in China, Finland, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Russia, the USA, France, UK, Italy and India.
The Qt Company is seeking a Director of Strategic Partnerships and Corporate Development to drive these two critical pieces of the Qt Company’s future growth strategy in the China market. You will create a strategy and playbook for future strategic partnerships and alliances. You will be responsible for evaluating all new opportunities based on their strategic, cultural, technical, and financial fits. They will also directly drive all related partnership discussions. This role will report to the Qt Ventures.
- Develop partner networks and strategic partnerships in Greater China
- Develop and implement a partnership strategy to increase the reach and impact of our ongoing efforts in advancing The Qt Company’s focus areas
- Conceptualize new strategic initiatives that could be built around or benefit from corporate, foundation, government, bilateral organizations or other partnerships
- Act as a strategic and analytical thinker that can blend business, product, and technology strategies to develop a compelling vision and strategy for partner success and corporate development
- Conduct regular analysis of partner landscape and potential opportunities
- Responsible for defining, evaluating, and driving unique relationships with our most strategic partners
- Lead and manage the end-to-end negotiation process leading up to deal execution, which includes identifying the highest priority areas to pursue, sourcing opportunities, fleshing out strategic rationale, overseeing due diligence, etc.
- Help model, present, and defend financial implications of various deal structures for the senior management and other related stakeholders
- Regularly track and report out progress on the health of the partnerships and corporate development pipelines
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Experience structuring and negotiating complex contracts, working through conflicts, and facilitating joint conversations
- Strong executive presence with proven ability to listen, communicate and present in formal and informal settings
- Strong technical aptitude, with the ability to communicate with C-Level executives and the Board
- Strong analytical skills (financial, planning, operational)
- Experience of working as part of a senior management team and leading organizational strategy
- Strong relationship building skills and an entrepreneurial approach that leverages further opportunities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in Chinese and English and excellent relationship building skills
We offer you interesting challenges in a growing global business. Also, you will be joining a dynamic, fast growing, highly international workplace with talented and skilled people from all around the world. We embrace openness, learning, encouragement and fun.