About the Role
The Qt Company’s engineers work on the Qt framework and tools that enable our customers to create applications that run on many different platforms. In your daily work, you’ll be surrounded by a team of world-class experts, and you’ll have the opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge about software development. We have a friendly working environment which is highly collaborative. At Qt, we grow and learn together, and your colleagues offer great mentoring.
As a Documentation Engineer in the Foundations team, you'll be working as a technical writer right at the heart of Qt. We care about the internals that are the basis for all of Qt. Our responsibilities include the meta object system and reflection, containers, integration with the STL, the network stack, the QML infrastructure, and the official Python bindings. You’ll focus on our documentation, examples, and tutorials. You may also be involved in writing technical blog posts and white papers. As part of our team, you’ll be a key stakeholder and highly valued "customer" for the tools you’ll use in your daily work.
You should know that we...
- author technical content in English on doc.qt.io, including API and white paper style documentation
- work closely with C++ and other programming languages
- use git as our version control system
- work closely with other parts of the organization, and with the Qt community
- have an established public peer review process
- are an experienced technical writer
- work independently and manage your own tasks and projects
- are familiar with markup languages, such as LaTeX, Markdown, or reStructuredText
- might even have some experience with open-source communities and development
- might know a bit of Qt and QML?
- are curious and ask questions
- A family friendly, diverse, and sociable workplace
- An environment where learning is valued and encouraged
- Flexible hours that focus on work/life balance
- A nice office – 2-4 people offices, no open landscape
- We also have a game room and a decent coffee machine
- On the job training
- Great colleagues from all over the world
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment
- 30 vacation days for a full time position
- A public transportation ticket
- Support with relocation
... due to COVID-19
- Most of the people are currently working from home, because we are following state advise regarding public exposure.
- We are a "remote first" team – this means that we communicate both online and face-to-face.
- We have monthly updates regarding the situation, and we will notify you when we go back to the office.
- During the on-site interview, we have a set of regulations to protect each other, and be safe during your visit (if state's regulations allow your visit).
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths, knowledge, and about yourself. What is your passion? What do you love to do? Our team would be happy to meet you, tell you more about the position, and introduce you to our dynamic and relaxed working style. To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany.