About the Role
The Qt Company’s engineers work on the Qt framework and tools that enable our customers to create applications that run on many different platforms. In your daily work, you’ll be surrounded by a team of world-class experts, and you’ll have the opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge about software development. We have a friendly working environment which is highly collaborative. At Qt, we grow and learn together, and your colleagues offer great mentoring.
As a Documentation Engineer in the Documentation Infrastructure team, you'll be working as a senior technical writer. You’ll focus on our documentation, examples, and tutorials. You may also be involved in writing technical blog posts and white papers. As part of our team, you’ll be a key stakeholder and highly valued “customer” for the tools you’ll use in your daily work.
You should know that we
- Author technical content in English on doc.qt.io, including API and white paper style documentation
- Work closely with C++ and other programming languages
- Use git as our version control system
- Are a “remote first” team – this means that we communicate both online and face-to-face
- Work closely with other parts of the organization, and with the Qt community
- Have an established public peer review process
We think you
- Are an experienced technical writer
- Work independently and manage your own tasks and projects
- Are familiar with markup languages, such as LaTeX, Markdown, or reStructuredText
- Might even have some experience with open-source communities and development
- Might know a bit of Qt and QML
- Are curious and ask questions
- A family friendly, diverse, and sociable workplace
- An environment where learning is valued and encouraged
- Flexible hours and an opportunity for remote work
- A nice office – 2-person offices, no open landscape. We also have a game room and a decent coffee machine
- On the job training
- Great colleagues from all over the world
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment
- Support with relocation. Note, however, that we’re only looking for candidates that already are in Norway, or that can travel to Norway as part of the interview process.
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths, knowledge, and about yourself. What is your passion? What do you love to do? Our team would be happy to meet you, tell you more about the position, and introduce you to our dynamic and relaxed working style.
Note: We are looking only for candidates that already are in Norway or will be able to travel to Norway as part of the interview process.