About the Role
Qt (pronounced “cute”) is the leading C++ cross-platform application and UI framework in the world. Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. The company’s net sales in year 2017 totalled 36,3 MEUR and it employs some 300 people. To learn more, visit http://qt.io.
The Qt Company Professional Services Team helps large global customers to reach their targets by providing them advisory services both in Qt software framework and customer’s software solution. These services include guidance on the use of Qt APIs, functions, methods and programming techniques for all major platforms.
As a key member of this team, for the Automotive market segment, you will contribute primarily to the In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems and/or instrument cluster systems. You will represent the Qt Company as technical lead towards a customer on varying project tasks including, but not limited to, requirements, design, and delivery of applications. These applications primarily use Qt, usually on embedded Linux based platforms. You will also collaborate with Qt’s R&D department to apply the latest Qt technologies on your concrete customer use case.
You need to be enthusiastic, have a proven track-record of successful application development in the embedded environment. You should be interested in problem solving and quickly adapt to changing technical environments. You will need to work fluently and with pride in the customer interface as a recognized specialist of your own technical subject – A tip of the spear for the technologies we represent.
Main Responsibility Areas
- Leads design, architecture and development efforts for Qt’s Automotive customers (Tier-1s or OEMs)
- Analyze requirements, functional specifications against the target hardware
- Create software design for applications developed with Qt and its interaction with other library components on the IVI stack
- Interface with customers on system architecture through workshops and design meetings
- Identify and address system level metrics, such as: resource consumption, performance, boot time and inter-application communication
- Present technical solutions to customers
- Provide support to the customer’s development organization; the go to person for any Qt related technical assistance
- Focus primarily on securing customer success in using Qt Software products in the Automotive market
- Regular travelling to customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or higher (not mandatory)
- Preferably 5+ years of working on large software programs
Experienced and talented developer with deep understanding of one or more of the following:
- Strong C++ experience with successful track record in developing C++ applications
- Experience with major automotive Tier-1s and/or OEMs, with prior IVI or Cluster architecture is a big plus
- Strong exposure to Embedded Linux adaptation and Qt including Yocto project
- Excellent Technical understanding of Qt Software Products (Qt, Qt for Embedded Linux, Qt tools)