About the Role
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. The company’s net sales in year 2017 totalled 36,3 MEUR and it employs some 300 people. To learn more, visit http://qt.io.
The primary role of the Sales Engineer is to help customers understand Qt technology and solve technical issues in the sales process. You should have extensive knowledge of Qt products and functions, and understand how it works in the customer’s project. We are looking for a talented Qt engineer with strong background and a positive person to enjoy a challenging job.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Follow up functional / technical issues related to sales cycle and guarantee a successful customer experience.
- Help to identify customer’s need for additional sales, training or consultancy services.
- Provide support on professional services including consultancy project and customer training.
- Experience in OpenGL API and shader programming (GLSL)
- Deep understanding of windowing system like X11 or Wayland
- Technical knowledge and understanding of the development process
- Good understanding of Qt/C++ and related technologies
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Good English language skills
- Experience with Linux in desktop and embedded environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering, software engineering, or related field.
We offer a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun. The Qt Company operates in China, Finland, Japan, Germany, Korea, Norway, Russia and USA. To learn more please visit http://qt.io.