About the Role
We are looking for an IT Operations Manager to oversee our growing catalog of IT services.
In this role, you will have global responsibility for Qt's network infrastructure, server & device management, common software assets, and IT helpdesk operations. To succeed in this position, you should have a good combination of budget management, technical administration, networking, problem-solving, communication, process enhancement, and documentation skills. You have a high sense of urgency and ownership, and you ensure your team & IT partners engage with our tech-savvy employees in a professional and timely manner. You believe in transparency, encourage your team for open discussion and continual service improvement. Besides management and leadership activities, you also enjoy hands-on IT operations work.
You will become a part of a small IT team in Finland but work closely with IT partners and Qt professionals around the world. You will report to company CIO based in Oulu, Finland.
- Develop and execute the IT infrastructure strategy and roadmap
- Oversee, manage and maintain network infrastructure & remote access
- Be responsible for device management & endpoint security
- Assess system performance, recommend and implement improvements
- Oversee installations, upgrades, and configurations of hardware and software
- Maintain and communicate workstation, device, and SW policies
- Ensure business continuity, end-user satisfaction, and service delivery according to SLAs
- Document IT processes and develop IT policies and practices
- Oversee cybersecurity, data backup, monitoring, and risk management operations
- Manage and participate day-to-day operations for IT infrastructure
- Act as an IT operations escalation point and coordinate resolving problems & issues
- Minimum 5 years’ hands-on experience in IT operations
- At least a bachelor's degree in a business or technical field
- Analytical and critical thinking skills with problem-solving aptitude
- Advanced understanding and hands-on experience with Microsoft based infrastructure
- Thorough knowledge of networks and hybrid cloud environments
- Experience with device management, server management, and virtualization
- Ability to solve complex computer, server, application, and networking issues
- Passion to develop processes, policies, and ways of working
- Strong attention to details & enthusiasm to drive plans into actions
- Fluency in the English language
- Prior knowledge of the following areas is beneficial but not required: VMware data center virtualization products, OpenNebula, data protection & legislation (GDPR), ITSM frameworks, major operating systems, O365/M365, device management tools, IaaS providers, datacenter server & data storage configurations, networking concepts & protocols, access control management, software asset management
Our team is eager to meet you and introduce our dynamic and relaxed working style. We offer also a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement, and fun. The Qt Company operates in China, Finland, Germany, Japan, Korea, Norway and USA. To learn more please visit http://qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany.