About the Role
Qt team and Qt technology is helping industries to build next generation solutions for cars, futuristic dashboards for ships, analyze satellite images, visualize meteors, create design with 3D, save lives through medical devices and sense movements with IoT devices. And this is just a start. These are only a fraction of areas where Qt technology is used.
We are looking for a technical Manager to coach and lead our Qt Professional Services team.
The Qt Company Service Team helps large global customers to reach their targets by providing them professional services both in Qt software framework and customer’s software solution. These services include guidance on the use of Qt APIs, functions, methods and programming techniques for all major platforms.
As Manager you will own delivery projects and people resources, who are typically working as Qt Engineering Advisors for the customers. Projects can vary from short advisor projects to long term strategic partnering.Your tasks will include for example:
- Leading people via understanding them and their work and coaching them towards success stories
- Managing Qt Engineering Advisors and act as daily contact to both project team members and customer
- Understanding customer needs from both technical and business point of view
- Helping Qt Services towards growth and success together with rest of the team
Needed Competences and Skills:
- Excellent leadership skills, good track record of leading people
- Good understanding of complex software projects with the international customers
- Good understanding of Qt/C++ and/or related technologies
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Excellent English and German language skills, additional language skills are advantage
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects
- Good knowledge of project management methods and practises
- Pro-active and independent working style
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. The company’s net sales in year 2017 totalled 36,3 MEUR and it employs some 300 people. To learn more, visit http://qt.io. We offer a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun.