About the Role
The Qt Company’s engineers work on the Qt framework, which enables our customers to create applications that run smoothly on many different platforms, from embedded boards to desktop and mobile. In your daily work environment you will be surrounded by a team of worldwide experts, and you will have the opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge about all aspects of software development.
In this role you will be focusing on making Qt work great on embedded environment. You need to be familiar with the challenges and constraints that embedded environment brings and be able to find solutions to those challenges.
The future is written with Qt and we would like you to be part of it!
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Suitable education, e.g. MSc in sw engineering
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Experience with resource-constrained devices in the embedded or mobile space
- Know your way around in Linux on desktop and embedded
- Are curious and creative by nature
- Understand the challenges of embedded software development
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in english
- Can work closely with other parts of the organization, and with the Qt community
- Are comfortable working with publicly available code and material
- Words like Yocto, U-Boot, bootloader, RTOS JTAG, GIT and Gerrit are familiar to you
- You have first-hand experience working on MCU with or without an OS and you may have written your own device drivers
- Experience with 2D/3D graphics on embedded devices is a plus
- Experience with inter processor communication is a plus
- Experience with hypervisors is a plus
- Participation in Open Source projects is a plus
- You already enjoy programming with Qt
- Deep understanding of Linux internals, kernel configuration, device drivers
- Understanding of device boot process, bootloaders, kernel loading, application startup processes, profiling internals
Why join us?
We offer a highly international workplace, where you get to contribute to the cutting edge technology and product. You will work with highly talented embedded software engineers from around the world.
Benefits (just to mention a few):
- Flexible hours supporting work/life balance
- Health insurance
- Dental care
- Lunch vouchers
- Sport & culture vouchers
- Mobile phone & subscription
- Ergonomic equipment
- Complimentary fruits and mineral water
- Voluntary finnish lessons
- Opportunity to conquer the world from within core of one of the largest global sw developer communities
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself. What is your passion? What do you love to do? Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position and introduce our dynamic, but relaxed working style.