About the Role
Qt (pronounced “cute”) is the leading C++ cross-platform application and UI framework in the world. Headquarter in Finland, The Qt Company is responsible for Qt development, productization and licensing under commercial and open-source licenses. The Qt Company has about 300 employees in R&D, Product Management, Sales, Marketing and Consulting Services with several offices worldwide.
You enjoy collaborating with our internal stakeholders and you can translate marketing, sales, product management and R&D jargon to concrete business system requirements and tasks.
While digesting requirements, you might find multiple implementation alternatives with different pros & cons. You are able to communicate different options to stakeholders and find a common ground what all parties can agree. Then you put on your developer hat and start hacking. Depending on requirements this might require changes to our Website(s), Marketing system, CRM, Authentication, Customer Portal, Installer, CDN, Analytics and integration systems (to mention just a few of them). You are always eager to improve our system and passionate to write new features, but you are also happy to maintain the mess you once have implemented. Number of different systems & used technologies does not bother you, but you see them as a challenge and as possibility to extend your skills & competencies.
You will become a part of a small team in Oulu, and your official title will be Senior DevOps Engineer in IT organization.
- Good back/front-end development tools and methodologies knowledge.
- Preferred developer experience: node.js, Salesforce Apex, MongoDB, mySQL, Heroku, AWS.
- Communication and collaboration skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, also in stressful situations.
- Sense of ownership and pride in own performance and its impact on company’s success.
- Travel: Occasional visits to attend workshops in other Qt office locations.
What we are offering?
- A chance to work with highly talented engineers
- A family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
Our team is eager to meet you and introduce our dynamic and still relaxed working style. On coffee breaks, there is always someone to challenge you in a table tennis or pool game. We offer also a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun. The Qt Company operates in China, Finland, Japan, Germany, Korea, Norway, Russia and USA. To learn more please visit http://qt.io.