About the Role
We are looking for ninja engineers to support customers in Consumer and Industrial IoT markets.
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and by over one million developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. We enable a single software code across all operating systems, platforms and screen types, from desktops and embedded systems to business-critical applications, in-vehicle systems, wearables and mobile devices connected to the Internet of Things. Qt employs some 350 people. The Qt Group operates in China, Finland, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Russia, the USA, France, UK, Italy and India.
Due to their strong growth Qt has a vacancy for a Field Application Engineer.
Tasks and responsibilities
This position supports prospects and customers from the early stages of their decision process, to select the best UI/UX solution for their software development. You support their projects by delivering consultancy, training and guidance on the use of Qt’s products.
As FAE your responsibilities include:
- Technical presentations of Qt’s products at customer visits and trade shows.
- Pre-sales support and post-sales support on products.
- Help to implement and/or optimize Qt libraries for customer boards.
- Support the sales staff from a technical perspective.
- Report customer information gathered at visits to the regional Sales Manager.
- Provide help to set up and participate to regional trade shows.
For the position of Field Application Engineer we are looking for driven, eager candidates with following skills:
- A BS or MS in electrical engineering or computer science (academic level), or in a technical study with the main focus on embedded software.
- At least 5+ year’s work experience, preferably in consumer and industrial IoT market since that is the main industry we are servicing.
- A strong team player and communicator, working well with colleagues yet also able to work independently.
- Due to the high diversity of projects, you need to be flexible and capable to rapidly switch from one task to another.
- Full proficiency in English, an additional European language would be beneficial.
We are a highly international workplace with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun. We value transparency, innovation and collaboration. We think boldly and strive for continuous improvement. Our effectiveness is based on sharing, caring and transparency in our way of working. And collaboration is at the center in everything we do.