About the Role
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our global product management team working in Platforms area.
Your role and responsibilities in the job:
- You join the core team in defining the future of IoT and embedded systems with Qt
- You will collaborate with hardware, chipset and operating system vendors
- You will join sales in customer calls and meetings around the globe
- You will participate in strategic account team work
- You will help marketing in maintaining roadmap, giving direction as well as e.g. by running technical webinars
- You will manage Qt Platforms Area high level backlogs for RnD teams in Oslo, Berlin and Oulu
- If you do not know it yourself, you will be able to recruit and motivate other Qt people to help you in your mission
Skills and competences needed in the role:
- You know what a Product Owner does and you have several years of experience in various Product Management roles and aspects
- You can create quantitative analysis based on real market data and use that for steering the efforts
- You have business oriented mindset, and understand the needs of growth business
- You are good at crystallizing and finding the relevant, and also rejecting with solid arguments
- You understand and have experience in software development processes and practices in various different environments
- You can ramp up and improve requirement management and backlog practices in an organization
- You have been working with embedded / integrated software and/or hardware
- You can point when a feature needs to be part of a platform, and when it should be a customer service
- You have good people skills and you can communicate with individual developer as well as with a major multi-national corporate engineering CTO
- You are fluent with English, both spoken and written.
- If you do not have all of the above, you have the hunger and motivation to learn the missing bits
We are a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun. We value transparency, innovation and collaboration. We think boldly and strive for continuous improvement. Our effectiveness is based on sharing, caring and transparency in our way of working. And collaboration is at the center in everything we do.
The Qt Group operates in China, Finland, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Russia, the USA, France, UK, Italy and India. To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany.