About the Role
The Qt Company is looking for high energy technical Project Manager to strengthen the Qt Professional Services team in Berlin, Munich or Oulu.
About The Qt Company
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. Qt achieves this through its cross-platform software framework for the development of apps and devices, under both commercial and open source licenses.
Qt technology is used by approximately one million developers worldwide. We enable a single software code across all operating systems, platforms and screen types, from desktops and embedded systems to business-critical applications, in-vehicle systems, wearables and mobile devices connected to the Internet of Things.
The company's net sales in year 2019 totaled 58.4 MEUR and it employs some 350 people. The Qt Group operates in China, Finland, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Russia, the USA, France, UK, Italy and India. To learn more, visit http://qt.io
About the role
As Technical Project Manager you will own projects and customer communication about project related topics.
Projects can vary from short workshops to long term strategic partnering.
Your tasks will include for example:
- Cooperating with project team by understanding them and their work and leading them towards success stories.
- Managing projects from planning to invoicing (including schedule, prices, resource plan, quality plan and etc) and act as daily contact to both project team members and customer.
- Supporting Sales team for technical discussions of a new business opportunity.
- Creating Statement of Work (SOW) related to new projects at RFQ stage.
- Understanding customer needs from both technical and business point of view.
- Helping Qt Services towards growth and success together with the rest of the team.
- Managing and communicating with our outsourcing partners in projects.
- As our customers are international your work includes some travel in Europe.
Needed Competences and Skills:
- Proven track records in managing complex software projects in international work environments.
- Proven track records in cooperating with project teams.
- Proven track record of project management methods and practices (incl agile methodologies).
- Software development knowledge and experiences to catch technical issues from project team and/or customers.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good understanding of Qt and related technologies
- Good knowledge about various popular software development methodology.
- Ability to estimate schedule, resources, cost and budget.
- Ability to analyze requirements, benefits, values and issues.
- Pragmatic working style, knowhow to slice SW development work to executable pieces.
- Good communication and presentation skills in English.
- Additional language skills in German and some of major European languages is a plus
- Positive, proactive and independent working style.
- Experiences in consultancy business is plus.
Why join The Qt Company?
We offer a highly international workplace with uniquely skilled people from around the world. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun.
- A chance to work with highly talented embedded software engineers.
- Ability to contribute to the cutting-edge technologies and products.
- A family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued.
- Flexible hours, with a focus on work-life balance.