About the Role
The DACH region Sales Director will have the task to drive and orchestrate the development of Qt sales in the DACH region, taking the responsibility to manage the DACH region sales team, identify and develop business opportunities, further build the resellers and partner network.
The Qt Company is expecting a high-profile, mature individual to lead the development of its business to full potential. An entrepreneurial, hands-on attitude will be required to provide general management to the organization and take it to the next level of development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Full responsibility for managing and developing the sales operations in the DACH region, focusing on Qt software sales:
- Manage and grow the DACH region sales, providing leadership, mentoring and general management in implementing the Qt sales strategy.
- Lead, train and develop the current sales team, coordinate and oversee new recruitments
- Manage and build relationships with resellers and partners across the region, further leading them to follow the growth opportunities on the market
- Drive profitable and sustainable sales growth via a portfolio of existing and new customer businesses; identify new customers and develop emerging opportunities.
- Develop business in the region by executing active customer engagement and active networking; leverage relationship management skills at all levels within the customer accounts to ensure excellent sales and service delivery leading to customer satisfaction and retention
- Ensure growth and profitable business by continuously evaluating solutions and proactively proposing initiatives to enhance business results
- Develop in-depth understanding of the customers’ business and be creative in proposing viable solutions; uncover customer needs and feedback and share these insights with the global team to drive product development
- University degree in business or engineering.
- Minimum 6-10 years of progressively advancing business development experience in the software sales industry.
- Thorough understanding and previous exposure in DACH markets, knowledge of the software sector in the region.
- Familiarity with the main Qt business segments (desktop software, embedded software and mobile applications).
- Strong sales and business development skills, proven ability to drive profitable sales growth in existing and new business accounts.
- Credible, mature and experienced at operating at C-level in customer accounts, excellent networking skills and ability to build up good relations at all levels.
- Solid leadership skills, highly motivational and with ‘hands-on’ attitude to provide management on all levels; strong at initiating and maintaining effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Previous experience in a multinational company, preferable experience covering all the key markets in the region.
- A highly energetic personality, eager to be in the front line to develop new business and grow the company’s size in the region; flexible, adaptable to change and resilient in overcoming challenges.
- Performance-driven and entrepreneurial, with a commercial and customer-focused mind set.
- Fluent in Germany and English; fluency in other languages from the region will be seen as an advantage.
We offer a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun.