About the Role
Qt Company’s engineers work on the Qt framework and tools, which enables our customers to create applications that run smoothly on many different platforms. In your daily work, you will be surrounded by a team of world-class experts, and you will have the opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge about all aspects of software development.
Qt Design Studio is a UI design and development tool that enables designers and developers to rapidly prototype and develop complex UIs. Both designers and developers use Qt Design Studio and this makes collaboration between the two a lot simpler and more streamlined.
In this role, you will be focusing on making Qt Design Studio an even better tool for the designers. You enjoy solving problems, understand the importance of good usability, and perhaps know a few design tools already on the market.
- Provide insight how other 3D graphic engine editors work
- Leading the day to day 3D feature tooling development with proposals and examples so that Design Studio becomes awesome tool for artists
- Create and publish examples and tutorials how 3D tooling is used in Qt Design Studio
- Work with UX designers, technical artists and developers to optimize and visualize UI concepts for customer HMI projects.
- Tasks range from creative challenges to implementation tricks
- Work with proficient team to create designs together with developers to bring the concepts to life
- Aid R&D QtQuick3D engine team by providing input and feedback
- Create novel design visions
- Ensure the desirability and feasibility of designs from idea to final product
- Push the limits of what 2D/3D graphics (including animation) can achieve by producing unique and beautiful demos and marketing assets
- Enhance, optimise and aid in 2D/3D design in customer projects working closely with R&D/PS/Sales on a tightly knit team
- Create design guidelines, define storyboards for project narratives
Experience & skills:
- 5+ years of experience in art/UI/HMI for automotive, demo scene or game industry
- Skills to create beautiful & polished 2D/3D designs with animations
- Create 3D models from scratch using 3Ds Max, Maya, Blender, etc.
- Create textures and materials for your 3D models
- Lighting and rendering designs for marketing use
- Experience with UI/UX and participating in enterprise SW design/development projects
- Ability to analyse customer’s needs and advise them to create UI/HMI while meeting their requirements
- Drive to define, manage and refine processes in art development
- Experience in optimised 3D modelling and shaders for embedded devices
We offer you:
- a family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
- training programs
- a nice office space
- a collaborative and inclusive work environment
- support with relocation
- great colleagues from many parts of the world
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge. If possible, share your portfolio and design. But even more importantly: Tell us about yourself. Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position and introduce our dynamic, but relaxed working style. To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany