About the Role
We are looking for Backend Developers to join our teams in Oulu, Finland.
In this role, you will be working together with our Qt R&D engineers and in-house IT developers. Our teams maintain and develop marketing, sales, product development, delivery, and community systems. Depending on your skills and desires, you will plan and develop changes to a wide range of systems and backend services. You may focus on a few of them or conquer all.
Your work at Qt
- Communicating with business stakeholders and technical teams to understand and refine requirements
- Digest requirements, study implementation alternatives, and communicate options with pros & cons
- Designing end-to-end solutions based on business needs and seeing the big picture
- Documenting, designing, developing, testing, and maintaining back-end solutions
- Defining data models and optimizing databases
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest back-end development trends
- Several years of software development experience
- Knowledge of cloud concepts and databases
- Preferred experience in Heroku, AWS, Git/GitHub, Node.js, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL
- DevOps mindset
- Fluency in the English language
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Basic knowledge of web front-end technologies is beneficial but not required
- Front seat position in one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Finland
- Low hierarchy team to work with
- Learning and career growth opportunities
- Flexible hours that support work/life balance
- International, diverse, sociable workplace
- Wide health insurance
- Yearly wellbeing budget including sports/culture, wellbeing, dental, massage...
- Commuting benefit or parking space at the office
- Bike benefit
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and other factors. We have a unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
We would like to know more about you. Could you tell us about your skills,, strengths and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself?
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company, trusted by industry leaders and over 1.5 million developers worldwide to create applications and smart devices that users love. We help our customers to increase productivity through the entire product development lifecycle - from UI design and software development to quality management and deployment.
Our customers are in more than 70 different industries in over 180 countries. Qt Group is headquartered in Espoo, Finland, and employs almost 700 people globally. To learn more, visit www.qt.io/.