About the Role
Qt (pronounced “cute”) is the leading C++ cross-platform application and UI framework in the world. Headquarter in Finland, The Qt Company is responsible for Qt development, productization and licensing under commercial and open-source licenses. The Qt Company has about 300 employees in R&D, Product Management, Sales, Marketing and Consulting Services with several offices worldwide.Your role will be to develop continuous integration system (Coin) that is used to build and test cross-platform Qt software releases. You will become a part of a team of software developers in Oulu where you will also collaborate together with multi-national teams located in Oslo and Berlin.
ResponsibilitiesYour daily tasks will include writing patches, code reviews and maintaining the cloud infrastructure together with other developers, but you will also be taking part in longer-term projects that will include implementation of features and improving the virtualization software back-end written in Python and Golang.
- Hands-on mentality and enthusiasm to programming is a must with strong focus on writing testable and high quality code.
- In-depth knowledge of object-orientated programming, test-driven development, software architectures and client-server applications is essential.
- Cloud management systems such as OpenNebula, vSphere and knowledge of virtualization is considered an advantage, but we are prepared to teach you most of this stuff.
- Other skills: Golang, Apache Thrift, Open-Source Development, Network Management and Troubleshooting
- Travel: Occasional visits to attend workshops in Oslo and Berlin might be required.
What we are offering?
- A chance to work with highly talented engineers
- A family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
Our team is eager to meet you and introduce our dynamic and still relaxed working style. On coffee breaks, there is always someone to challenge you in a table tennis or pool game.We offer also a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun. The Qt Company operates in China, Finland, Japan, Germany, Korea, Norway, Russia and USA. To learn more please visit http://qt.io.