About the Role
Qt is the world’s leading cross-platform C++ framework. Qt technology is helping individuals and industries build next generation solutions for automotive, IoT, industrial automation, medical devices and more. The Qt Company is at the core of ground-breaking software solutions and 3D designs.
The future is written with Qt and we would like you to be part of it!
The Senior Pre-Sales Engineer provides subject-matter expertise on the QT application and device creation platform and will drive technical relationships with stakeholders. This position supports the sales team throughout the process to ensure all of the client’s technical needs are understood and met by the Qt platform.
- Prepare and present business and technical messaging and proposals.
- Responsible for white boarding business concepts and technical architectures.
- Demonstrate the QT solution to technical and non-technical audiences, at executive and/or technical levels and at pre- and post-sales meetings.
- Articulate the business and technical value proposition and key differentiating capabilities to prospective new customers and solutions partners.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot solutions and conduct proof of concepts.
- Act as a valued technical resource throughout the customer’s decision-making process and ensure an optimal customer evaluation experience.
- Deliver innovative solution demonstrations to prospects, customers, and partners.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight during trials, Proof of Concept (POCs), complex demos, etc.
- Help develop proposals and RFPs to win business for the sales teams.
- Provide feedback to appropriate QT teams on product enhancements or services that would be beneficial to the customer and potentially generate additional revenue.
- Collaborate closely with internal network and customer to obtain a deep understanding of the customer’s technology needs or offerings and architect a solution to meet the needs.
- Capable of delivering value pitches to business users at the C-Level as well as leading deep dive technical discussions with IT.
- Maintain a deep and extensive technical knowledge of the Qt products.
- Provide excellent technical specifications and requirements documentation as necessary to support the proposed solution.
- Able to work independently as well as being able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years’ experience as a Sales Engineer working with enterprise software products or services, development platforms/tools
- Proven strong software development skills, especially C++ and embedded platforms, Qt & QML experiences are additional plus
- Ability to assess customer requirements, identify business issues, and demonstrate proposed solutions.
Why join The Qt Company?
- A chance to work with highly talented embedded software engineers
- Ability to contribute to the cutting-edge technology and product
- A family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Flexible hours, with a focus on work/life balance
We also offer a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, and fun. As Qt is open source, you will also benefit from working with the global community.
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. The company’s net sales in year 2017 totaled 36,3 MEUR and it employs some 300 people. To learn more, visit http://qt.io.