About the Role
Qt (pronounced “cute”) is the leading C++ cross-platform application and UI framework in the world. Headquarter in Finland, The Qt Company is responsible for Qt development, productization and licensing under commercial and open-source licenses. The Qt Company has about 300 employees in R&D, Product Management, Sales, Marketing and Consulting Services with several offices worldwide.Your role will be to maintain and develop continuous integration system (Coin) that is used to build and test cross-platform Qt software releases. You will become a part of Release team in Oulu that collaborates closely with development teams located in Oulu, Oslo and Berlin. We will provide you an agile, dynamic and open environment where you will gain knowledge on developing state-of-the-art continuous integration software that currently serves a community of 1+ million software developers.
ResponsibilitiesYour daily tasks will include delivering patches, reviewing code and maintaining a cloud infrastructure together with other developers. You will also take lead in long-term assignments that will include design and development of new features for our virtualization software stack, webserver front/backend and virtual machine provisioning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Proven track record of writing clean, efficient and testable code
- Experience in working with Linux
- Hands-on mentality and enthusiasm to collaborate in open-source projects in multinational working environment.
- Passion in becoming a great programmer who is always open for learning something new and does not shy away from challenges.
- In-depth knowledge of object-orientated programming, test-driven development, multi-threading and client-server applications.
- Cloud management systems such as OpenNebula, vSphere and knowledge of hypervisors is considered as an advantage.
- Full-stack development experience (e.g. Node.js)
- Git, Gerrit, Amazon AWS, SOAP, REST, LXC, SQL, Data Centers, Open-source development
What we are offering?
- A chance to work with highly talented engineers
- A family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
Our team is eager to meet you and introduce our dynamic and still relaxed working style. On coffee breaks, there is always someone to challenge you in a table tennis or pool game.We offer also a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun. The Qt Company operates in China, Finland, Japan, Germany, Korea, Norway, Russia and USA. To learn more please visit http://qt.io.