About the Role
The Qt Company’s engineers work on the Qt framework, which enables our customers to create applications that run smoothly on many different platforms, from embedded and MCU boards to desktop and mobile. In your daily work environment you will be surrounded by a team of worldwide experts, and you will have the opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge about all aspects of software development.
In this role you will be focusing on making Qt work great on resource constrained MCU platforms. You enjoy solving problems that the resource constrained MCU platform brings to software development. You understand how software interacts with MCU hardware and peripherals. You understand the concepts of real-time operating systems.
The future is written with Qt and we would like you to be part of it!
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Suitable education, e.g. MSc in SW engineering
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Experience with software development for resource constrained MCU devices
- You are curious and creative by nature
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English
- Good collaboration skills when working with other parts of the organization, and with the Qt community
We value following skills:
- You understand following concepts; memory map, interrupts, registers, bootloader, DMA, RTOS, Debug probe, JTAG, CMSIS
- First-hand experience working on MCU software projects with or without an OS
- Deep understanding of MCU architectures
- Understanding of device boot process, bootloaders and MCU profiling
- Experience with GCC based MCU toolchain
- Experience with Keil® MDK and/or IAR Embedded Workbench is a plus
- Experience with 2D/3D graphics on MCU devices is a plus
- Experience with writing device drivers for MCU platform is a plus
- Experience with inter processor communication is a plus
- GIT and Gerrit are familiar to you
- Participation in Open Source projects is a plus
- And most of all - you enjoy programming with Qt
Why join us?
We offer a highly international workplace, where you get to contribute to the cutting edge technology and product. You will work with highly talented embedded software engineers from around the world.
Benefits (just to mention a few):
flexible hours supporting work/life balance
a family-friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
nice office space (games area, no open landscape), easily reachable by public transport
great colleagues from many parts of the world
health insurance & dental care, lunch, sport & culture vouchers
- Opportunity to conquer the world from within core of one of the largest global SW developer communities
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself. What is your passion? What do you love to do? Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position and introduce our dynamic, but relaxed working style.