About the Role
We develop the world's leading cross-platform C++ framework, and we are looking for skilled software engineers to join our team. You are passionate about creating solutions that make coding fun and productive for application developers, on multiple platforms, from embedded to desktop and mobile.
We are looking for C++ developers who want to help us to bring state of the art multimedia support to Qt. In this role you will be working with multimedia on the different platforms that Qt supports.
In your daily work you will be surrounded by a team of experts, and you will have the opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge about all aspects of software development.
As Qt is open source, you will also benefit from working with the global community. This is reflected in our work: we are cooperative, provide great mentoring, and enjoy growing and learning together in a friendly environment.
- are curious and creative
- want to write robust and maintainable code using modern C++
- care about software design and architecture
- enjoy solving problems, both independently and by collaborating with your colleagues and with the Qt community
- know your way around Windows, Linux, or macOS, and you want your code to work on many different platforms
- are not afraid to work on a large code base
- are familiar with version control systems; we use Git and Gerrit
- can communicate effectively in English, both in writing and face-to-face
- are comfortable working with publicly available code
- have worked with multimedia before or are interested in the topic
- know a bit of Qt and QML
- know the Gstreamer, AVFoundation, Windows Media Foundation or Android media APIs
- have knowledge about or interest in audio and video processing
- have an idea what SFINAE, CTAD, and RAII, and ADL are
- have programming experience in other languages, such as Java, Python, Rust, or Go
- have experience with open-source communities and development
We offer you
- Flexible hours that support work/life balance
- A family friendly, international, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Ergonomic equipment
- A nice office space, with two-person offices (we have doors!), free beverages, fruits, and room for fun
- Support with relocation, if necessary
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths, and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself. What is your passion? What do you love to do? Our team would be happy to meet you, talk more about the position, and introduce you to our culture.