About the Role
We are looking for a passionate Qt Software Engineer as customer lead and software developer.
You will work close to our customers both visiting customer’s site and also helping out remotely from the office. Travelling and communicating with the customer’s developers is natural part of the job. Your main responsibility is to work in Qt Developer role. In this position you would help customers to solve their problems and make sure that they will succeed with their Qt projects. You would also participate in customer workshops and give guidance to the customers on their software architecture. To make you succeed in this role you would have full support from Qt Professional Services team and whole Qt R&D.
- Excellent C++ programming skills with exposure to Modern C++
- Have experience with resource-constrained devices in the embedded or mobile space
- Debugging and troubleshooting skills on desktop and embedded
- Know your way around in Linux on desktop and embedded
- Good understanding of complex software systems (e.g. WebKit, client server programming)
- Software architectural design skills
- Familiarity with version control systems like, git, svn, etc.
- Are curious and creative by nature
- Good spoken and written communication skill in English
- Capability to work with customers to understand their requirements
- Can work closely with other parts of the organization, and with the Qt community
- Some travel required
- know a bit of Qt and QML
- have some graphics and OpenGL development experience
- have worked with QNX, Yocto, embedded Linux, Android, or iOS
- have experience with open source communities and development
Why join The Qt Company?
- A chance to work with highly talented embedded software engineers
- Ability to contribute to the cutting edge technology and product
- A family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Flexible hours, with a focus on work/life balance
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. The company’s net sales in year 2017 totalled 36,3 MEUR and it employs some 300 people. To learn more, visit http://qt.io.We offer a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun.