About the Role
You will work on the world's leading cross-platform C++ framework, where you will contribute to developing solutions that make life easy for application developers on a multitude of platforms, from embedded to desktop and mobile.
Since Qt is open source, you will also benefit from working with the global community. This is reflected in our work, we are cooperative, provide great mentoring, growing and learning together in a friendly environment.
In this role you will join the Qt for Python team, that is behind the project in charge of providing the official Python bindings (PySide) and the binding generator behind them (Shiboken).
All the information related to the project is publicly available in our wiki page, so you can check our documentation, community platforms, our meetings logs, and more!
- are curious and creative
- want to write robust, modern Python and C++
- are interested in software design and architecture
- can work independently, managing your tasks and projects
- have a focus on quality - keywords are continuous integration, testing and code reviews
- know your way around in Linux, Windows or macOS
- can contribute to maintaining a large code base
- communicate well, both online and face-to-face
- can work closely with colleagues, both within the company and in the broader Qt community
- are comfortable working with publicly available code and material
- know a bit of Qt and QML?
- are familiar with CPython?
- have some experience with binding generators?
- have experience with open source communities and development?
We offer you
- a family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance nice office space (games
- room, no open landscape)
- a training program, to develop your skills and support you with conferences attendance
- 30 vacation days for a full time position
- great colleagues from many parts of the world
- and a public transportation ticket.
... due to COVID-19
- Most of the people are currently working from home, because we are following state advise regarding public exposure.
- We have monthly updates regarding the situation, and we will notify you when we go back to the office.
- During the on-site interview, we have a set of regulations to protect each other, and be safe during your visit (if state's regulation allow your visit).
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself. What is your passion? What do you love to do? Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position and introduce our dynamic, but relaxed working style.
If we get back to you, we will let you know about the whole interview process so you are certain of the next steps.