About the Role
Qt Company’s engineers work on the Qt framework and tools, which enables our customers to create applications that run smoothly on many different platforms. In your daily work, you will be surrounded by a team of world-class experts, and you will have the opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge about all aspects of software development.
Qt Design Studio is a UI design and development tool that enables designers and developers to rapidly prototype and develop complex UIs. Both designers and developers use Qt Design Studio and this makes collaboration between the two a lot simpler and more streamlined.
In this role, you will be focusing on making Qt Design Studio an even better tool for the designers. You enjoy solving problems, understand the importance of good usability, and perhaps know a few design tools already on the market.
The future is written with Qt and we would like you to be part of it!
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- is curious and creative
- want to write robust, modern C++
- has a solid background in software engineering and knows the ins and outs of C++.
- is interested in software design and architecture
- can work independently, managing your tasks and projects
- have a focus on quality - keywords are continuous integration, testing and code reviews
- knows their way around in Linux, Windows or macOS
- can contribute to maintaining a large codebase
- communicate well, both online and face-to-face
- fluently communicate in written and spoken English
- can work closely with colleagues, both within the company and in the broader Qt community
- is comfortable working in an international organization
- is comfortable working with publicly available code and material
We value the following skills:
- know Qt and QML?
- have experience from asset creation tools e.g. Maya, Blender, Photoshop or Sketch
- have experience with open source communities and development?
- have experience with large projects and codebases
- have experience with agile software development
We offer you (just to mention a few):
- flexible hours supporting work/life balance
- a family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
- 30 days of holiday, public transportation ticket and additional perks
- nice office space
- a collaborative and inclusive work environment
- a training program
- great colleagues from many parts of the world
Why join us?
We offer a highly international workplace, where you get to contribute to the cutting edge technology and product together with world-class experts and worldwide community.