About the Role
Qt Company’s engineers work on the Qt framework, which enables our customers to create applications that run smoothly on many different platforms. In your daily work you will be surrounded by a team of world class experts, and you will have the opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge about all aspects of software development.
In this role you will be focusing on making Qt Device Creation even better on new embedded platforms. You enjoy solving problems, understand how software interacts with embedded platforms and the operating systems concepts are familiar to you. The future is written with Qt and we would like you to be part of it!
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Three years or more programming experience in C++, C, Python, QML.
- Experience in Yocto, Linux, QNX, Integrity, VxWorks.
- Familiar with containers, packaging and continuous integration.
- Curious and creative by nature.
- Suitable education, e.g. MSc or BSc in SW engineering.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Good and open collaboration skills when working with colleagues and the Qt community.
We value following skills:
- Experience in compilers (gcc, llvm/clang), build systems (cmake, qmake) and toolchains.
- Experience on Yocto like creating and modifying recipes and layers for different configurations.
- Experience in GIT and Gerrit, or similar version control and review tools, from cloning to merging.
- Experience in delivering and debugging software to different embedded platforms.
- Experience in JIRA, or similar, from ticker creation to Sprint planning.
- Understanding of operating system concepts.
- Participation in Open Source projects and/or applying Linux kernel patches is a plus.
- And most of all - you enjoy programming with Qt.
Why join us?
We offer a highly international workplace, where you get to contribute to the cutting edge technology and product together with world class experts and world wide community.
Benefits (just to mention a few):
- Flexible hours supporting work/life balance
- Health insurance and dental care
- Lunch, sport & culture vouchers
- Mobile phone & subscription
- Ergonomic equipment
- Noise-cancel headphones
- Complimentary fruits and mineral water
Opportunity to conquer the world within core of one of the largest SW developer communities!
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself. What is your passion? What do you love to do? Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position and introduce our dynamic, but relaxed working culture.
Would you like to do something cute at Qt?