About the Role
Software Engineer position based in Berlin, Germany.
In this role, you will join the developer experience team in our Berlin office. Your main responsibility will be to make Qt development as easy and comfortable as possible for Visual Studio users. You will be one of the main contributors to the development and maintenance of the Qt Visual Studio Tools, a Visual Studio extension that helps users set up Qt projects by seamlessly integrating Qt tools/processes into the Visual Studio IDE and the MSBuild project ecosystem.
Qt's open source spirit is reflected in our way of working. We are cooperative, provide great mentoring, growing and learning together in a friendly environment.
- are curious and creative
- want to write robust, modern C++ and/or C#
- have experience with MSBuild projects (.vcxproj, .csproj, etc.) in Visual Studio
- are interested in software design and architecture
- can work independently, managing your tasks and projects
- have a focus on quality - keywords are continuous integration, testing and code reviews
- can contribute to maintaining a large code base
- communicate well, both online and face-to-face
- can work closely with colleagues, both within the company and in the broader Qt community
- were involved in the development of a Visual Studio extension in the past
- know how to combine managed and unmanaged code in your application
- have hands-on experience in MSBuild xml files
- were involved in QA/CI of a product that is related to Visual Studio
- know a bit of Qt and QML?
- have experience with open source communities and development?
- are comfortable working with publicly available code and material?
We offer you
- a family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
- 30 days of holiday, public transportation ticket and additional perks
- nice office space
- a collaborative and inclusive work environment
- a training program
- great colleagues from many parts of the world
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge. If possible, share some code. But even more importantly: Tell us about yourself. Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position and introduce our dynamic, but relaxed working style. To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany
... due to COVID-19
- Most of the people are currently working from home, because we are following state advise regarding public exposure.
- We have monthly updates regarding the situation, and we will notify you when we go back to the office.
- During the on-site interview, we have a set of regulations to protect each other, and be safe during your visit (if state's regulation allow your visit).