About the Role
We are looking for a (Senior) Software Engineer to join our R&D department in Berlin, Germany.
Your mission will be to improve Qt Creator, our cross-platform IDE for application development. Qt Creator is developed as an open source project and we benefit from a co-located team of experts, but also from a global community. This is reflected in our work, we are cooperative, provide great mentoring, growing, and learning together in a friendly environment.
- Work closely with the team to improve Qt Creator
- Develop new features and bug fixes in an open source setup
- Review other people's code contributions
- Handle bug reports and feature requests, both from customers and the community
- Soon own your own area of expertise and develop it further proactively
- Have a solid background in software engineering
- Have good knowledge of C++
- Can work independently, managing your tasks and projects
- Are proficient in English - knowledge of German is not necessary
- Have experience with Qt
- Have worked with large projects and code bases
- Have done significant contributions to open source projects
In particular, we look for people that
- Have experience with LLVM and/or clangd
- Have experience with development for iOS and Android
We offer you
- A permanent contract with 30 days of vacation and additional perks
- A family-friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
- Nice office space (no open landscape), easily reachable by public transport
- Great colleagues from many parts of the world
Due to COVID-19
- Most of the people are currently working from home, because we are following state advise regarding public exposure
- We have monthly updates regarding the situation, and we will notify you when we go back to the office
- During the on-site interview, we have a set of regulations to protect each other, and be safe during your visit (if state's regulation allow your visit)
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge. If possible, share some code. But even more importantly: Tell us about yourself. Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position and introduce our dynamic, but relaxed working style. To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany.