About the Role
Qt Company’s engineers work on the Qt framework, which enables our customers to create applications that run smoothly on many different platforms. In your daily work you will be surrounded by a team of world class experts, and you will have the opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge about all aspects of software development.
In this role you will join our team in Berlin, Germany. Together with the team you will make sure that Qt development on Android is as easy and comfortable as possible and that resulting applications look and feel the same as native Android applications. You will be involved in feature additions and maintenance of Android backends in various areas inside of Qt - be it core components like JNI interfacing, input handling or modules that provide additional functionality like Bluetooth or multimedia. Due to the close proximity with our Tooling team, you might also be involved when tooling related questions come up.
As you can see below, this is not the typical Android position. While most Android roles nowadays mainly use Kotlin/Java, most of Qt's work still happens on the C++ side of things. So having Java and Android experience is a big plus for this role, C++ knowledge is a requirement.
Qt's open source spirit is reflected in our way of working and most of the Android work is done in the open. We are cooperative, provide great mentoring, growing and learning together in a friendly environment.
- are curious and creative
- want to write robust, modern C++
- are interested in Android development "from a different angle"
- have hands-on experience in an Android related project
- are interested in software design and architecture
- can work independently, managing your tasks and projects
- have a focus on quality - keywords are: continuous integration, testing and code reviews
- can contribute to maintaining a large code base
- communicate well, both online and face-to-face
- can work closely with colleagues, both within the company and in the broader Qt community
- have interfaced between Android's Java VM and C++ using JNI
- have experience developing Android applications using Java
- have scrum/agile experience
- know a bit of Qt and QML
- have experience with open source communities and development
- are comfortable working with publicly available code and material
We offer you
- flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
- great colleagues from all over the world
- 30 days of holiday, public transportation ticket and additional perks
- a family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- hybrid office/home working model
- modern office space
- on the job training
- a collaborative and inclusive work environment
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind 1+ billion devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. Qt achieves this through its cross-platform software framework for the development of apps and devices, under both commercial and open-source licenses.
Qt technology is used by approximately one million developers worldwide. We enable a single software code across all operating systems, platforms, and screen types, from desktops and embedded systems to business-critical applications, in-vehicle systems, wearables, and mobile devices connected to the Internet of Things. The company's net sales in the year 2021 totaled 121.1 MEUR and it employs +550 people.
To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany.