About the Role
We're looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Berlin, Germany. In this role you have the chance work on the world's leading cross-platform C++ framework, where you will contribute to developing solutions that make life easy for application developers on a multitude of platforms, from embedded to desktop and mobile. Since Qt is open source, you will also benefit from working with the global community. This is reflected in our work, we are cooperative, provide great mentoring, growing and learning together in a friendly environment.
You will join Qt's Foundation area, right at the heart of Qt. We care about the internals that are the basis for all of Qt. Our responsibilities include the meta object system and reflection, containers, integration with the STL, the network stack, the QML infrastructure and the official Python bindings.
You'll focus your work on QML, joining the team of people in charge of developing the language, working directly on the engine, language abstractions, tooling, compilers, and more!
- are curious and creative
- want to write robust, modern C++
- are interested in software design and architecture
- can work independently, managing your tasks and projects
- have a focus on quality - keywords are continuous integration, testing and code reviews
- know your way around in Linux, Windows or macOS
- can contribute to maintaining a large code base
- communicate well, both online and face-to-face
- can work closely with colleagues, both within the company and in the broader Qt community
- are comfortable working with publicly available code and material
- have experience with compiler design?
- have hands on experience working in Embedded Linux environments?
- know a bit of Qt and QML?
- have experience with open source communities and development?
- have an idea what SFINAE, CTAD and ADL in C++ are?
We offer you
- A family friendly, diverse, and sociable workplace
- An environment where learning is valued and encouraged
- Flexible hours that focus on work/life balance
- A nice office – few people offices, no open landscape. We also have a game room and a decent coffee machine
- On the job training
- Great colleagues from all over the world & collaborative and inclusive work environment
- 30 vacation days for a full time position
- A public transportation ticket
- Support with relocation, if needed
- Work in hybrid mode, currently with two days working in the office and the others working from home
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind 1+ billion devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. Qt achieves this through its cross-platform software framework for the development of apps and devices, under both commercial and open-source licenses.
Qt technology is used by approximately one million developers worldwide. We enable a single software code across all operating systems, platforms, and screen types, from desktops and embedded systems to business-critical applications, in-vehicle systems, wearables, and mobile devices connected to the Internet of Things. The company's net sales in the year 2021 totaled 121.1 MEUR and it employs +550 people.
To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany.