About the Role
Imagine yourself helping industry to build next generation solutions for cars, creating futuristic dashboards for ships, analyzing satellite images, visualizing meteors with space agencies, working with multiple solutions and hardware. That’s what we do in the Qt Professional Services. We are helping world to be successful with the Qt technology.Check some examples where our Advisors have taken a big role:Case Ulstein and Case Bluescape
We are looking for a passionate Qt Software Engineer as customer lead and software developer. You will work close to our customers both visiting customer’s site and also helping out remotely from the office. Travelling and communicating with the customer’s developers is natural part of the job.Your main responsibility is to work in Qt advisor role. In this position you would help customers to solve their problems and make sure that they will succeed with their Qt projects. You would also be key technical person participating customer workshops and giving guidance on their software architecture. To make you succeed in this role you would have full support from Qt Professional Services team and whole Qt R&D.
The main thing is that you are fluent on English, C++ development and on interacting with people.The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Strong will to help customers and able to describe and draw technical solutions on the spot
- Proven strong software development skills, especially C++ and embedded platforms, Qt & QML experiences are additional plus
- Ability to travel, sometimes also with a short notice
- Ability to work independently and self-driven, even from home office
- Preferred to communicate also in German in Germany position
Why join The Qt Company?
- A chance to work with highly talented embedded software engineers
- Ability to contribute to the cutting edge technology and product
- A family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Flexible hours, with a focus on work/life balance
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. The company’s net sales in year 2017 totalled 36,3 MEUR and it employs some 300 people. To learn more, visit http://qt.io.We offer a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun.