About the Role
The Qt team and Qt technology is helping industries to build next generation solutions for cars, futuristic dashboards for ships, analyse satellite images, visualize meteors, create design with 3D, save lives through medical devices and sense movements with IoT devices. And this is just a start. These are only a fraction of areas where the Qt technology is used.
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. The company’s net sales in year 2020 totalled 79,6 MEUR and it employs some 450 people. To learn more, visit http://qt.io.
In Qt, we work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our products and solutions, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at Qt means challenging yourself to always be better.
The sales activity for our main product Qt and associated Consulting Services is growing fast in our major regions and The Qt Company has a solid customer base, containing a large number of internationally well branded companies. Our customers use our tools for highly valued developments of applications in different areas such as Automotive, Manufacturing, Home Applicances, Medical, among others. The EMEA market is among the most important regions for Qt and provides an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced sales professional to take responsibility for developing the Qt business in markets with strong potential.
Within “Strategic Account Team EMEA”, we cover the Top 40 companies in Europe, MiddleEast and Africa. Those contain brands like Bosch, Daimler, Jaguar Land Rover, Siemens, Stellantis and Volkswagen.
The Solution Engineer is responsible for technical assistance with the Strategic Account Team and will perform technical presentations & demonstrations of Qt product line, in addition be involved in all aspects of the technical sales.
- Own relationship to technical decision makers in strategic accounts and work pro-actively with them
- Directly responsible for teaming with the Strategic Account Team through all aspects of the sales cycle
- Understand technical customer requirements and find solution together with Product Management / R&D
- Provide strategic and senior level solution presentations, demonstrations and trade show support
- Follow up on prospects and accounts for functional/technical issues related to sales cycle and guarantee a successful customer experience
- Manage product evaluations and prepare RFP/RFI responses
- Coordinate the technical training of the Strategic Account Managers
- Identify the need for additional sales, training and consulting
- Technical knowledge and understanding of the development processes
- Experienced with automotive customers/OEMs and suppliers
- Solid understanding and experience with C++ and preferably other object oriented languages
- Qt knowledge is a clear advantage
- 5+ years experience in business environment
- Worked with large/strategic accounts before
- Advanced skills/knowledge on low-level software stack
- Excellent presentation, demonstration and facilitation skills in leading meetings, trials and projects
- Experience with creation, customization and delivery presentations
- Fluent verbal and written communication in German and English
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/ technology or equivalent related experience
- Autonomous and organized with effective communication skills, listening, verbal and written.
- Must take initiative and be a proactive member in the sales team.
- Team player with interpersonal skills to work with sales and technical staff in a dynamic and innovative company environment.
- Pro-activness, taking ownership
- Very good business understanding.
- Willing and able to travel 20% within EMEA
We offer a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world.
This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun.