About the Role
In Qt, we work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our products and solutions, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at Qt means challenging yourself to always be better.
The sales activity for our main product Qt and associated Consulting Services is growing fast in our major territories and The Qt Company has a solid customer base, containing a large number of internationally well-branded companies. Our customers use our tools for highly valued developments of applications in different areas such as EDA, Medical, consulting, Telecommunications, and Automotive, among others. The EMEA market is among the most important regions for Qt and provides an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced sales professional to take responsibility for developing the Qt business in markets with strong potential. The Sales Engineer is responsible for pre-sales technical assistance for the regional sales teams and will perform technical presentations & demonstrations of the Qt product line, in addition, be involved in all aspects of the technical sales.
- Directly responsible for teaming with the sales team through all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Understand technical customer requirements and find solutions together with Product Management / R&D.
- Provide strategic and senior-level product presentations, demonstrations, and trade show support.
- Follow up on prospects and accounts for functional/technical issues related to the sales cycle and guarantee a successful customer experience.
- Manage product evaluations and prepare RFP/RFI responses.
- Coordinate the technical training of the sales teams.
- Identify the need for additional sales, training, and consulting.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of the development processes
- 5+ years of experience in technical selling, embedded technology, or similar
- Solid understanding and experience with C/C++ and preferably other object-oriented languages
- Qt knowledge is a clear advantage.
- Knowledge of a low-level software stack
- Excellent presentation, demonstration, and facilitation skills in leading meetings, trials, and projects
- Experience with the creation, customization, and delivery of presentations
- Fluent verbal and written communication in English
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/ technology or equivalent related experience
- Autonomous and organized with effective communication skills, listening, verbal, and written.
- Must take initiative and be a proactive member of the sales team.
- Team player with interpersonal skills to work with sales and technical staff in a dynamic and innovative company environment.
- Very good business understanding.
- Willing and able to travel 20% within EMEA
The role is based in one of our offices in Europe; Espoo, Finland; Oslo, Norway; Paris, France or Munich/Berlin/Hamburg, Germany.
What will you get when working with us?
At Qt, you get to work with a truly global team in an innovative and fun environment and with world-leading customers and a large, unique community. We have a cool product, but it is our people that make us exceptional.
- Easy going atmosphere with talented and great colleagues from many parts of the world
- Chances to learn new every day
- Flexible hours and a work culture focusing on wellbeing
- Nice office space and ergonomic equipment
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique products, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company, trusted by industry leaders and over 1.5 million developers worldwide to create applications and smart devices that users love. We help our customers to increase productivity through the entire product development lifecycle - from UI design and software development to quality management and deployment.
Our customers are in more than 70 different industries in over 180 countries. Qt Group is headquartered in Espoo, Finland, and employs almost 700 people globally. To learn more, visit www.qt.io/.