About the Role
The Qt team and Qt technology is helping industries to build next generation solutions for cars, futuristic dashboards for ships, analyse satellite images, visualize meteors, create design with 3D, save lives through medical devices and sense movements with IoT devices. And this is just a start. These are only a fraction of areas where the Qt technology is used. Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. The company’s net sales in year 2021 totaled 121,1 MEUR and it employs some 550 people. To learn more, visit http://qt.io.
In Qt, we work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our products and solutions, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at Qt means challenging yourself to always be better.
The sales activity for our main product Qt and associated Consulting Services is growing fast in our major territories and The Qt Company has a solid customer base, containing a large number of internationally well-branded companies. Our customers use our tools for highly valued developments of applications in different areas such as EDA, Medical, consulting, Telecommunications, Automotive, among others. The EMEA market is among the most important regions for Qt and provides an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced sale professional to take responsibility for developing the Qt business in markets with strong potential. The Sales Engineer is responsible for pre-sales technical assistance for the regional sales teams and will perform technical presentations & demonstrations of Qt product line and be involved in all aspects of the technical sales.
- Directly responsible for teaming with the sales team through all aspects of the sales cycle
- Understand technical customer requirements and find solutions together with Product Management / R&D
- Provide strategic and senior level product presentations, demonstrations and trade show support
- Follow up on prospects and accounts for functional/technical issues related to sales cycle and guarantee a successful customer experience
- Manage product evaluations and prepare RFP/RFI responses
- Coordinate the technical training of the sales force
- Identify the need for additional sales, training and consulting
- Technical knowledge and understanding of the development processes
- Solid understanding and experience with C++ and preferably other object oriented languages
- Qt knowledge is a clear advantage
- Knowledge on low-level software stack
- Excellent presentation, demonstration and facilitation skills in leading meetings, trials and projects
- Experience with creation, customization and delivery presentations
- Fluent verbal and written communication both in German and English
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/ technology or equivalent related experience
- Autonomous and organized with effective communication skills, listening, verbal and written
- Must take initiative and be a proactive member in the sales team
- Team player with interpersonal skills to work with sales and technical staff in a dynamic and innovative company environment
- Very good business understanding
- Willing and able to travel 20% within EMEA
The role is based in Germany, either Munich, Berlin or Hamburg.
We offer a highly international workplace with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world.
This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun!
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
We would love to hear from you! Please share your up-to-date CV and a few words of yourself using the form below.