About the Role
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and by over one million developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. We enable a single software code across all operating systems, platforms and screen types, from desktops and embedded systems to business-critical applications, in-vehicle systems, wearables and mobile devices connected to the Internet of Things. Qt employs +450 people. The Qt Group operates in China, Finland, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Russia, the USA, France, UK, Italy and India.
We a looking for a
The Solutions Engineer provides subject-matter expertise on the Qt application and device creation platform and will drive technical relationships with stakeholders. This position supports the sales team throughout the process to ensure all of the client’s technical needs are understood and met by the Qt platform.
- Prepare and present business and technical messaging and proposals
- Responsible for white boarding business concepts and technical architectures
- Deliver innovative solution demonstrations to prospects, customers, and partners
- Demonstrate the Qt solution to technical and non-technical audiences, at executive and/or technical levels and at pre- and post-sales meetings
- Articulate the business and technical value proposition and key differentiating capabilities to prospective new customers and solutions partners
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot solutions and conduct proof of concepts
- Act as a valued technical resource throughout the customer's decision-making process and ensure an optimal customer evaluation experience
- Provide technical leadership and oversight during trials, Proof of Concept (PoCs), complex demos, etc.
- Help develop proposals and RFPs to win business for the sales team
- Provide feedback to appropriate Qt teams on product enhancements or services that would be beneficial to the customer and potentially generate additional revenue
- Collaborate closely with internal network and customer to obtain a deep understanding of the customer's technology needs or offerings and architect a solution to meet the needs
- Capable of delivering value pitches to business users at the C-Level as well as leading deep dive technical discussions with engineering teams
- Maintain a deep and extensive technical knowledge of the Qt products
- Provide excellent technical specifications and requirements documentation as necessary to support the proposed solution
- Able to work independently as well as being able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years’ experience as a Sales Engineer working with enterprise software products or services, development platforms/tools
- C++ or API and Linux experience preferred
- Ability to assess customer requirements, identify business issues, and demonstrate proposed solutions
We are a highly international workplace with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun. We value transparency, innovation and collaboration. We think boldly and strive for continuous improvement. Our effectiveness is based on sharing, caring and transparency in our way of working. And collaboration is at the center in everything we do.