About the Role
You will work on the world's leading cross-platform C++ framework, where you will contribute to developing solutions that make life easy for application developers on a multitude of platforms, from embedded to desktop and mobile. Since Qt is open source, you will also benefit from working with the global community. This is reflected in our work, we are cooperative, provide great mentoring, growing and learning together in a friendly environment.
In this role you will join the foundation team, right at the heart of Qt. We care about the internals that are the basis for all of Qt. Our responsibilities include the meta object system and reflection, containers, integration with the STL and the network stack.
Location: Oslo, Norway
- are curious and creative
- want to write robust, modern C++
- are interested in software design and architecture
- can work independently, managing your tasks and projects
- have a focus on quality - keywords are continuous integration, testing and code reviews
- can contribute to maintaining a large code base
- communicate well, both online and face-to-face
- can work closely with colleagues, both within the company and in the broader Qt community
- are comfortable working with publicly available code and material
- enjoy template meta programming and know your way around in the C++ standard library?
- know a bit of Qt and QML?
- have experience with open source communities and development?
- have an idea what SFINAE, CTAD and ADL in C++ are?
We offer you
- a family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
- nice office space, easily reachable by public transport
- a collaborative and inclusive work environment
- great colleagues from many parts of the world
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself. What is your passion? What do you love to do? Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position and introduce our dynamic, but relaxed working style.
If you have some code that you are proud of and that you feel represents your way of developing software, please send us a link to your repository! It can be open source, hobby code or any other sample you are proud of.
Note: We are looking only for candidates who are already in Norway, or will be able to travel to Norway as part of the interview process.