About the Role
Qt is the leading independent technology for cross-platform development with over 70+ industries developing Qt-based products on desktop, embedded and mobile operating systems. 5 out of 10 Fortune 500 companies, as well as key players all around the world in segments such as automotive, consumer electronics, medical, entertainment and industrial automation, have built their product with Qt. Where there is a user interface, there is Qt.
As a System Architect, you enjoy collaborating with our internal stakeholders and you can translate marketing, sales, product management, and R&D needs to concrete business system requirements and architecture. You help the business to implement their vision by defining required changes into our existing systems or by advising on the right technology selection while maintaining consistent IT architecture. You work closely with project teams to ensure the vision is translated into reality and the outcome is aligned with the business goals and needs.
You will become a part of a small IT team in Oulu but work closely with Qt teams around the world.
- Conduct technology evaluations and advice on technology selections
- Translate business needs into system and process changes
- Provide system architecture and process guidance
- Maintain architectural documentation
- Participate in implementation projects
- Grow and foster a data-driven company culture
- Provide input to IT strategy
- Minimum 5 years’ experience on SW company business and processes
- At least a bachelor's degree in a business or technical field
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills with the capability to recommend solutions
- Ability to learn the business process and system dependencies, and “connect the dots”
- Background from IT, business systems, defining system architecture
- Fluency in English language
- Prior knowledge of the following areas is beneficial but not required: Inbound Marketing, CRM, CPQ, Finance Systems, Online Sales, Data Warehouse, BI Tools, PaaS/IaaS, ETL/Integration Tools, Task management & Version Control
Our team is eager to meet you and introduce our dynamic and relaxed working style. We have nice newly renovated office space and competitive benefits including: lunch vouchers, cultural vouchers, dental care, mobile phone, medical expenses insurance, flexible working hours, a massage chair, a ping pong table, a pool table, company provided mineral water and fruits. We offer also a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun.