About the Role
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and by over one million developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. We enable a single software code across all operating systems, platforms and screen types, from desktops and embedded systems to business-critical applications, in-vehicle systems, wearables and mobile devices connected to the Internet of Things. Qt employs +450 people. The Qt Group operates in China, Finland, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Russia, the USA, France, UK, Italy and India.
The Internet of Things and software for computer-controlled devices are among the fastest growing markets in the world’s economy. In markets such as consumer products, home appliances and industrial equipment, there is a strong adoption of TFT LCD screens as a primary means of interacting with these devices and with that an end user’s expectation of a fluid and intuitive user interface. As a result, we wish to strengthen our sales force.
We are looking for a Technical Account Manager to join our Ventures Sales team. This position finds and supports prospects and customers from the early stages of their decision process, to select the best solution for their software development. You support their projects by managing consultancy, training and guidance on the use of Qt products.
As a Technical Account Manager your responsibilities include:
- Support the sales staff of Qt from a technical perspective
- Organize demos / Proof of Concepts
- In the pre-sales phase, manage customer’s evaluation process
- Post-sales, support the customer’s development process to ensure that they succeed with Qt
- Identify areas where customer may require consultancy services to support their development
- Technical presentations of Qt products at customer visits and trade shows
- Report customer information gathered at visits to the regional Sales Manager
- Provide help to set up and participate to regional trade shows
For the position of Technical Account Manager, we are looking for driven, eager candidates with following skills:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 7+ years (outside) experience, preferably in automotive or consumer goods since that is the main industry we are servicing
- A strong team player and communicator, working well with colleagues yet also able to work independently
- Due to the high diversity of projects, you need to be flexible and capable to rapidly switch from one task to another
- Having previous experience of managing projects would be a plus
- Besides the language of the country you are applying in, full proficiency in English (German is a plus)
The role is based either in Paris, France / Boston, USA or Berlin/Hamburg/Munich, Germany.
We offer you a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun.