About the Role
We are looking for a Technical Artist to help our customers in creating industry leading designs and solutions for UI/HMI in 2D and 3D graphics. You are a Technical Designer, Technical Artist, or Design Engineer with 3D experience, especially if you have been working with 3D engines, or in automotive or gaming industry.
You have artistic and technical understanding in creating beautiful and polished designs with high production quality. You’ll be responsible for creating the technical solutions for achieving the aspired aesthetic quality of the project you are working on. Not only you will help customers to achieve desired outcome, but also offer great advices to help customer selecting the most appropriate Qt approach.
The work includes (but is not limited to) creating, developing and optimising 2D and 3D assets as well as motion graphics, importing design assets into Qt, creating functioning, optimised and polished HMIs on desktop and embedded devices. Further you are expected to aid in development of our 2D/3D graphics pipelines by providing input and feedback. You are willing to evangelise solutions that address customer’s need.
Your responsibilities will be
- Create high quality 2D and 3D assets including models, materials, textures and shaders
- Analyse customer’s visual designs and help make them reality with Qt tools and framework
- Create and modify shaders and effects to match the aspired visual style
- Analyse and advise customer to create UI/HMI while meeting their requirements
- Offer feedback to (customer’s or own) development team to build better a product
- 2+ years of experience in art/UI/HMI for automotive, game or other relevant industry
- Familiar with 3D graphical content creation with Maya, Blender or similar tools
- Good understanding of real-time 3D graphics rendering pipeline
- Capable of optimising real-time 3D assets for embedded hardware
- Fluent with hierarchical tools for scene graphs and trees
- 2D visual design experience with Photoshop or similar design tools
- Knowledge of particle systems and motion graphics is a plus
- Fluent in English, and strong verbal and written communication skills
Why join The Qt Company?
- A chance to work with highly talented embedded software engineers
- Ability to contribute to the cutting-edge technology and product
- A family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Flexible hours, with a focus on work/life balance
Location: USA (Detroit/Boston) or Tokyo