About the Role
Qt Company’s engineers work on the Qt framework and tools, which enables our customers to create applications that run smoothly on many different platforms. In your daily work, you will be surrounded by a team of world-class experts, and you will have the opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge about all aspects of software development.
Qt Design Studio is a UI design and development tool that enables designers and developers to rapidly prototype and develop complex UIs. Both designers and developers use Qt Design Studio and this makes collaboration between the two a lot simpler and more streamlined.
In this role, you will be focusing on making Qt Design Studio an even better tool for the designers. You enjoy solving problems, understand the importance of good usability, and perhaps know a few design tools already on the market.
- Artistic and technical understanding in creating beautiful and polished designs with high production quality
- Create technical solutions to achieve the aspired aesthetic quality in the projects
- Guide Design Studio users to achieve desired outcome and advise them in selecting the most appropriate Qt approach.
- E.g., creating, developing and optimising 2D and 3D assets as well as motion graphics, importing design assets into Qt, creating functioning, optimised and polished HMIs on desktop and embedded devices.
- Aid in development of graphics & UI R&D by providing input and feedback.
- Evangelise solutions that address customer’s needs
- Create high quality 2D /3D designs including models, materials, textures and shaders
- Analyse customer’s visual designs and help make them reality with Qt tools and framework
- Create and modify shaders and effects to match the aspired visual style
- Analyse and advise customer how to create UI/HMI while meeting their requirements
- Offer feedback to (customer’s or own) development team to build better a product
Experience & skills:
- 2+ years of experience in art/UI/HMI for automotive, game or other relevant industry
- Familiar with 3D tools like Maya, Blender or 3D Max
- Good understanding of real-time 3D graphics rendering pipeline
- Capable of optimising real-time 3D assets for embedded hardware
- 2D visual design experience with Photoshop or similar design tools
- Knowledge of particle systems and motion graphics
We offer you:
- a family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
- training programs
- a nice office space
- a collaborative and inclusive work environment
- support with relocation
- great colleagues from many parts of the world
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge. If possible, share your portfolio and design. But even more importantly: Tell us about yourself. Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position and introduce our dynamic, but relaxed working style. To learn more about us, visit www.qt.io or check our Instagram account @theqtcompany