About the Role
We are looking for seasoned software expert to lead one of our embedded R&D teams in Berlin, Germany.
As a team lead for a group of developers, you help creating an inspiring team environment, facilitate an open and engaging communication culture and support the team with achieving their goals. You will be responsible for leading and motivating team members and represent the team towards other functions in the company, customers, and the Qt open-source community.
You will work on the world's leading cross-platform C++ framework, where you will contribute to developing solutions that make life easy for application developers on a multitude of platforms, from embedded to desktop and mobile. You will spend most of your time on technical tasks. In addition, you will be assisting the team achieving their goals and growing their skills.
- are a software developer and want to contribute directly to the development
- want to write robust, modern C++, and are interested in software design and architecture
- are familiar with embedded systems and creation of device software
- lead people by example and coach them towards their own success
- grow a team with diverse perspectives
- support the team by setting focus and direction, and by keeping information flowing
- have hands-on experience working on MCU software projects with or without an OS?
- have experience with graphics on embedded devices?
- have hands-on experience on debugging and profiling on embedded devices?
- know already some Qt and QML?
- have experience in project management and like to do it sometimes?
- have experience with open source and development of publicly available code?
We offer you
- A permanent contract with 30 days of vacation and additional perks
- A family-friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
- Nice office space (no open landscape), easily reachable by public transport
- Great colleagues from many parts of the world
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself. What is your passion? What do you love to do? Our team would be happy to meet you, tell more about the position and introduce our dynamic, but relaxed working style.
Location: Qt office in Berlin, Germany