About the Role
Qt (pronounced “cute”) is the leading C++ cross-platform application and UI framework in the world. Headquarter in Finland, The Qt Company is responsible for Qt development, productization and licensing under commercial and open-source licenses. The Qt Company has about 300 employees in R&D, Product Management, Sales, Marketing and Professional Services with several offices worldwide. The Qt Company has a major R&D site in Oulu focusing on Qt SW quality assurance infrastructure, software releasing, device creation, 3D Studio tool, consultancy projects, and customer support.
Your role will be managing releasing activities for Qt products like Automotive, Automation, 3D Studio, Medical etc. As a Release Manager you will work with all internal stakeholders of release creation within R&D (developers, CI, QA etc.), Product Management, other functions of the company and our Qt Community. Release Manager handles the release creation process, release meeting gearbox and bug prioritization. We hope you consider joining us in this exciting adventure.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Release planning with the team and product management
- Tracking and communication of progress
- Ensuring agreed branching practices are followed for releases
- Quality tracking & development items
- Related build system development items
- Error management
- Release delivery & publishing
- Following customer & community feedback of the releases
- Active communication with all stakeholders, including customers and community
- Characteristics of job role (40% technical, 60% project managerial)
Target experience and competencies:
- Experienced in managing projects/releases
- Good technical background
- Target driven and results focused personality
- Possess excellent attention to details and deadlines
- Team player with strong social competences
- Self-starter who can learn a technical product quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eager to learn and improve skill set
Additional qualifications will be an advantage:
- Comfortable using of all major platforms (e.g. Win/Mac/Linux/Android/iOS)
- Adequate programming experience
- Knowledge of Version Control and common development tools
- C++ knowledge appreciated
What we are offering?
- A chance to work with highly talented engineers
- A family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
Our team is eager to meet you and introduce our dynamic and still relaxed working style. On coffee breaks, there is always someone to challenge you in a table tennis or pool game.
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. The company’s net sales in year 2017 totalled 36,3 MEUR and it employs some 300 people. To learn more, visit http://qt.io.