The New and Improved Qt Creator 0.9.2 RC
We just pushed the big Green button for Qt Creator 0.9.2 Release Candidate today.
Some noteworthy changes are:
- The main user interface has been polished. There's also a full-screen mode now.
- The FakeVim feature can be triggered using Alt+V, V, enabling Qt Creator to emulate vim. In this mode, typical vim
commands can be used to edit text. To exit this mode, simply type ",,".
- The version control plugins -- Git, Perforce, and Subversion -- have received their share of polish. For example, the
Git submit editor has been improved and can now display untracked files.
- A Feedback button has been added to the Welcome screen. No prizes for guessing what its function is :)
- Many bugs in the C++ engine have been fixed.
- Support for cmake has been added but it is purely experimental*.
Since we opened up the source in an open repository (for the beta) and created a dedicated #qt-creator channel (on irc.freenode.net), we have had some very nice chats with lots of creative people, and received very helpful contribution. The Qt Creator team would like to thank all of you for that. However, due to the current economic situation, no candy will be given.
* Currently, cmake support is not feature complete. It can build your project, list the executables and run them, as well as display some of the files in the project tree.
P/s - I've been cracking the virtual whip from Oslo and "reminding" the developers in Berlin to write some documentation. Feedback on the manual is very much appreciated.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Try Qt 6.5 Now!
Download the latest release here: www.qt.io/download.
Qt 6.5 is the latest Long-Term-Support release with all you need for C++ cross-platform app development.
Qt World Summit 2023: Berlin awaits!
Check out all our open positions here and follow us on Instagram to see what it's like to be #QtPeople.