Qt 5 at the MeeGo Conference
On Monday, when he exposed his thoughts about Qt 5, Lars mentioned that he would be at the MeeGo Conference in San Francisco later this month. At the time, he hadn't yet submitted his session proposal.
I'm happy to announce that the program committee has decided to accept his submission, as well as the BoF session I proposed to plan for Qt 5. If you're coming to the MeeGo Conference or if you'll be in the San Francisco area then, come join us for the first discussion on how to get a Qt 5 release in a year's time.
Another interesting session I plan on attending in San Francisco will be the one on using Wayland for the MeeGo Tablet, by Kristian Høgsberg and Liu Xinyun. These two are just a few examples of new sessions that the program committee has accepted as part of the "Late Breaking News", improving even more the program which was already great.
We have several trolls presenting at the event:
- I'll be giving my usual update on the Qt Open Governance;
- Min will be talking about the APIs in Qt Mobility 1.1 and 1.2;
- Lars's session, of course, right after Min's talk;
- Aaron McCarthy will be talking about how to use NFC in Qt applications;
- Jørgen has been preparing a presentation on Qt running on Wayland and a Wayland compositor written with Qt (and I saw a sneak preview of his presentation today at the office -- not to be missed);
- Donald will present the Qt Media Hub demo project;
- Frederik will talk about Accessibility;
- Plus several BoF sessions...    
On the second day, there's a full track on developing applications using Qt Quick, in parallel to a full-day track on how to use the SDK for creating and deploying applications.
Other talks I would like to see:
- Ariya's (ex-troll) always fascinating updates on what you can accomplish with WebKit;
- Cross-device application development by two friends from INdT (Caio and Anselmo);
- Orange's and Accenture's plans for success using MeeGo;
- Marius's (ex-troll) tales from the trenches on how he's making money creating apps;
- Why Peter Winston (from ICS) bet his company on Qt and MeeGo;
- MeeGo running on a quite different kind of vehicle;
I clearly won't be able to see all the talks... In Dublin, I spent most of my time introducing people to other people and I don't expect San Francisco to be any different. Unlike Dublin, I don't expect to have to walk too far between rooms, but there will be a fair bit of going up and down stairs.
Still, I think we have a great line-up of talks. I'm hoping this will please everyone in the audience. At the program committee, we spent a great deal of time reading every single submission and trying to make a conference for everyone in the MeeGo community.
Now, I think I should get started on my presentation. The email I received on Wednesday says I should upload it by the end of today in San Francisco (9 am tomorrow my time).
Happy Friday 13th!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Try Qt 6.3 Now!
Download the latest release here: www.qt.io/download.
Qt 6 was created to be the productivity platform for the future, with next-gen 2D & 3D UX and limitless scalability.
Explore Qt World
Check our Qt demos and case studies in the virtual Qt World
Check out all our open positions here and follow us on Instagram to see what it's like to be #QtPeople.
Näytä tämä julkaisu Instagramissa.
Want to build something for tomorrow, join #QtPeople today! We have loads of cool jobs you don't want to miss! http://qt.io/careers #builtwithQt #software #developers #coding #framework #tool #tooling #C++ #QML #engineers #sales #tech #technology #UI #UX #CX #Qt #Qtdev #global #openpositions #careers #job
Henkilön Qt (@theqtcompany) jakama julkaisu