About the Role
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind 1+ billion devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. Qt achieves this through its cross-platform software framework for the development of apps and devices, under both commercial and open-source licenses.
Qt technology is used by approximately one million developers worldwide. We enable a single software code across all operating systems, platforms, and screen types, from desktops and embedded systems to business-critical applications, in-vehicle systems, wearables, and mobile devices connected to the Internet of Things. The company's net sales in the year 2021 totaled 121.1 MEUR and it employs +600 people.
We are looking for a Data Protection and Compliance Officer, to join our legal department in Germany.
In this role, you will...
- Act independently to develop, manage and supervise Qt’s privacy and data protection processes, documentation, and practices
- Take care of legal compliance issues globally at Qt Group
- Assisting General Counsel in various legal issues, especially concerning operation and business in Germany
You will need…
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Degree in law
- Fluency in German and English (both written and spoken)
- Location preferably in Berlin but possibility also to be based in our Hamburg or Stuttgart offices
- Easy-going personality with hands-on attitude to work both independently and part of a team
We offer you
- A permanent contract with 30 days of vacation and additional perks
- A family-friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- Flexible hours, that focus on work/life balance
- Nice office space (no open landscape), easily reachable by public transport
- Great colleagues from many parts of the world
- Support with relocation, if needed
Be yourself at Qt
At Qt, we appreciate the individual differences of our employees and aim to promote diversity through all our practices. We provide a workplace that generates equal opportunities regardless of gender, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, and any other factors. We have unique product, but our people make us exceptional. We strongly encourage people from all groups to apply – we welcome you as you are.
We would like to know more about you. Tell us about your skills, strengths and knowledge, but even more importantly about yourself.